Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Fixed vs. Growth

In the podcast by the University of Stanford, they tried seeking solutions to how children learn and what we can do to help. You see there are two types of learners fixed and growth their names kinda describe them. Fixed is when the person is set in their ways they do not care about trying to learn anther way. Having a growth learning style is wanting to exercise your mind to gather more information or just having a wide range of ways that things can be done. This pocast was very interesting as well as informative, for I had never heard of this before.
I think that future educators should use this information in our classes. If we have students are set in their ways, we should promote different activities and exercises that could help expand their view of what ever we may be studying at the time I think it could enhance their overall learning experience. For those who are already in the growth learning style maybe they could help the others by talking about how they like to study and how they look at things in their work ect. I know that I did learn from this podcast and hopefully I can use it in my future teachings.

No comments: