Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My classmates blog

I read Ashley Cleavland's blog, she and Shyane Fant were my partners in our podcast assignment. Ashley did a good job on her blogs. In each one I noticed she answered the questions and put down the information that Dr. Strange requested of us in our instructions. Her blogs were informative and I picked up certain things from different posts and assignments that I maybe did not realize when I did my posts.
I never really knew what the purpose of a blog was or how they worked until I entered this class. I think that they are a cool thing and teachers in middle and high school settings should use them. Blogs could be used as an evaluation type thing for teachers to view say what students should be learning about, or they could be used to bring classmates together by having them communicate with one another or with students from different countries, cities, or states by commenting or discussing certain topics.
I want to teach elementary school, so I don't think that my students will be at the computer level, but if I were to move up in grade levels or for some reason my students are really advance I would have them make and obtain a blog for my classroom. There are many ways that blogs can be used, I guess you could just experiment and decide which way you like best.

No comments: