Monday, December 1, 2008

Our Podcasts

As I listened to the podcast from my class, overall I think that everyone did a goood job, but there were areas that we could have improved in. The first podcast I listened to was Randy Pausch's Last Lecture I myself really enjoyed this lecture as well as those creating this podcast. I like how on every podcast Dr. Strange describes what the classes are doing, and the numbers of podcast and the people involved. I noticed that just about all podcast start out the same by Dr. Strabge, I really enjoy this, because of course we know what is going on but some one may just listen to one podcast, not all of them so they need to be informed as what is going on as well. Dr. Strange also knew what he was going to say, no long breaks there where no long breaks. The podcast for the most part went very well, they started with giving us information on Mr. Pausch, and what his lecture was about then moved on to his dreams, road blocks and so forth. We need to be sure that we do not repeat what has already been said, so the audience or listiner dose not get bored. Quotes were used and how this lecture could be used by theachers was a plus, good job guys.
The next podcast I listened to was You Tube as an educational tool. I like again how the audience is informed on what you tube is in case some one may not know. We are told what is avaliable on you tube and who can get on you tube and that it is free. The way that teachers could use you tube is discussed so maybe a teacher could boaden thier view on this subject if they did not realize it before. This was a good podcast with good information on how to use this online source, but did not really describe in detail how teachers could use it.
The third podcast I listened to was how Facebook could be used as an educational tool. There was less interaction, because of the two people involved instead of our normal three. Other than their shortage of woman power, I think they did a fine job describing what face book was and then how it could be used.
In my podcast discussing sites for elementary school teachers, I think my group did a fairly good job. There where a few sites covered and hopefully anyone who listens and needs help in this area gains some good information and can use this podcast and maybe even share it with other teachers. What I wold like to see in all of our podcasts, is more of a conversation rather than each person discussing something and moving on to another subject.
Overall, I think we did a pretty good job in creating out very own podcast. Maybe we should have practiced in front of class, becasue in some measure I could tell some of us were nervous. We were able to use notes, which was a good thing, but maybe we could have organized them a little more because I noticed that while we knew the material, it was not really in good order. There was jumping around and a few pauses because we din't know were we should go next or who was going to start it off. The only other thing I noticed but I think it's just habit for some people is the umms... try not to say umm while presenting or in the process of being recorded.
GOOD JOB CLASS!!!!

No comments: